Get into the holiday spirit this year by throwing an unforgettable Christmas party for your family and friends.
If you’re planning a Christmas party but don’t know where to start, we’ve got you covered with the ultimate festive game plan. Use our Christmas party guidance and inspiration below to plan a stress-free event for you and your loved ones.
The Party Organiser’s To-Do List
Make sure to plan early because the holidays are a busy time for most people!
- Save the date. It’s important to choose the right date for your party – you don’t want it to clash with anyone’s holiday plans.
- Make a guest list. Make a list of everyone you want to invite. Depending on your mood, you may want to invite close friends and family, as well as co-workers, and if you want to make it more of a mixer, ask your invitees to bring a guest. Make sure that your budget and location can accommodate the number of guests you intend to invite – Old Essex Barn offers a wide range of spaces for guest numbers from 25 to 160!
- Find a venue. If your party will take place at home, then you’re all set, but if you want to make your event extra special by hosting your event at a dedicated venue to get the perfect festive atmosphere, be sure to reserve the space with plenty of time to avoid missing out!
- Send your invitations. The sooner you send out your invitations, the better. As the holidays are such a busy time for most people, you should send out your Christmas party invites as soon as you have a date and location set.
- Plan your menu and set a budget. One of the highlights for many at Christmastime is the food! Whether you’re looking for hors d’oeuvres for mingling or a hearty dinner, make sure your venue has a caterer that provides delicious, high-quality food – and plenty of it!
Christmas Party Activity Ideas
Entertainment and activities are a must! Aside from ensuring that your party is stocked with deliciously festive food and sweets, you can plan Christmas party games to keep your family, friends, or colleagues entertained.
- Christmas Karaoke: Gather your guests for a couple rounds of karaoke to some of your favourite Christmas songs to spread some festive cheer.
- Secret Santa Exchange: Arrange for a typical Secret Santa activity and assign each guest an attendee ahead of time. This is ideal for smaller Christmas gatherings where you can keep track of RSVPs and build your Secret Santa list with ease.
- Photobooth with Christmas Accessories: Rent or construct your own photobooth with a variety of fun Christmas props to capture the festive mood. Photobooths are becoming increasingly popular at themed parties, and can help to capture all of the fun that you’ve worked so hard to plan. Encourage guests to take a family Christmas photo and send it to them as a souvenir after the holidays.
Old Essex Barn is delighted to offer you a complete event service – providing everything from a charming venue to quality catering. Despite the age of barn itself, we are a modern event space who have moved away from the one-size-fits-all approach to events that are more flexible, adaptive, and experiential. Contact us on 01376 386166 / email@example.com to learn how we can help you host a Christmas party to remember.